Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Single Digits

Nine days left. 

Nine.

Single digits.

To be honest, it is hard to believe that it's almost over. When Ellie first began treatment we thought this day would never come. Back in April of 2016, June of 2018 seemed like an eternity away, but it's finally arrived. 

The days are long, the years are short. Not this time. The years were long, the days were long, and sometimes mere seconds were long. 

I truly can't remember life before cancer. I remember life before I was married. I remember life before children. But I do not remember life before cancer. It becomes a part of you in a way that is difficult to explain. Pediatric cancer is everywhere and now I finally see it. Our eyes, all five of us, have been opened to cancer and they will never close. 

The length of Ellie's treatment totals 799 days. Today is day 790. Only 9 days left.

The first picture after learning of her diagnosis.






No comments:

Post a Comment