Monday, December 12, 2016

Goodness & Love

I feel like I am overwhelmed with goodness and love today. I know that sometimes it can be annoying to only see the perfect parts of people's lives on Facebook. I hope you know by now, my life isn't perfect. But, neither is yours. We all have terrible stuff to deal with. And that's it, we deal with it. No matter how bleak, good can almost always be found. You just have to look for it.
Here is the good.
Today, Mike and I celebrate 12 years of marriage. As the cliche goes, it has not always been easy, but I love him more and more each day. This year has definitely been the worst in our 12 years, but I can honestly say that there is nobody else that I would rather have by my side each day. I love you, my precious.

Thank you for all of the love you have shown myself and Monica since my last post. (And yes, if you were wondering, I let Monica read it before I posted it.) Her family has been through hell this past year, yet they move forward each day helping others.
Finally, our entire family is feeling immense gratitude towards the Children's Cancer Center, the Tampa Bay Lightning and Anton Stralman and his family. We were fortunate enough to be a part of a philanthropic event yesterday hosted by these two incredible organizations. Our family was honored to even be a part of the day, but everything we experienced went above and beyond our expectations. Anton, his wife Johanna and their children were lovely! It was an absolute joy to spend the afternoon with them. Thank you so much to everyone that made this event possible for our family. And yes, I will share more about this on our blog soon. I just had to get our immense gratitude out there today.
Our family is blessed to see the good, and we have hope for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment