Monday, April 9, 2018

62 Days

I heard of this idea early on in Ellie's treatment and knew it would be great for the girls. A visual way for them to understand the length of Ellie's treatment. The only problem was, I never got around to actually doing the project with them. At first, the idea was to make links for each hospital treatment left, but that never happened. Then, I thought I would do it for the last 100 days of treatment, but I never got around to it then either, mainly because of our Houston trip. I kept waiting for the "right" time to do it, and it turns out that was today. Finally, I was motivated, the girls were engaged, and the project is now complete! We now have a visual reminder of how many days are left of Ellie's treatment. The magic number that we happened to pick: 62!

There's nothing special about this number. But, you know what? The project is finished and the girls could not be more excited! They are giddy at the thought of watching this chemo chain dwindle away. We all are. Nora's exact words were, "I'm so excited for Ellie!"

Update: While in bed last night I realized that yesterday was indeed significant. It was April 9th, which is exactly two months until Ellie's end of treatment. God was honoring my number/order-loving self, even though I didn't realize it immediately.










1 comment: