Sunday, June 19, 2016

Father's Day

When you get married, you generally know a lot about that person. And, you have a pretty good idea about how they will be as your spouse. But, you really have no idea how they will be as a parent. It can be easy to speculate about how they will be based on their character and personality. Maybe they have even been around small children quite a bit. 

Until that baby is placed into their arms for the first time though, you know very little about how your partner will parent. And, it's for life. Because, as I am realizing, this parenting gig never ends. 

Not only was I blessed with an amazing husband to partner with, but my girls were blessed with an incredible father. From the moment our oldest was placed into his arms and I saw him tear up, I knew that I had the right person by my side. There truly could not be a better father out there to parent our three girls. Through his love, patience, calm spirit and creative mind, these are just some of the ways that he is able meet the diverse needs of our children. 

Like any father, he will do anything to protect and provide. These past few months he has proven that to our family again and again. He has done anything that I have needed of him, without complaint. (Well, sometimes he would grumble at the $5 hospital coffees...but he would still get them for me anyway!) He covers our girls with love, affirmation and affection daily. He has shown a selfless and pure love to me in so many different ways over the years, but especially these past few months.  For both of these things, I am beyond grateful. 

I could go on and on, but in the interest of brevity, I will attempt to wrap this post up.

However, I would be remiss if I did not mention my own father and father-in-law. Both of these men are remarkable fathers, and continue to show our family love on a constant basis. Our immediate family would not be the same without either of them. Grandpa and Papa, thank you for everything that you have given to us and our girls. Our family is better because of you!

When you get married, you never think that the "for worse" ends up looking like cancer. Especially to your child. Throughout Ellie's diagnosis, Mike has been amazing. There is nobody else in the world that I would want by my side right now.

My Precious, thank you for everything that you do for our family. I love you.





No comments:

Post a Comment